ting time arrangements are reduced to a writing that can be enforced by a Court of law.  Unfortunately, there are instances in which a parent fails to comply with the parties’ custody and/or parenting time arrangements. Depending on the nature and severity of the violation, the aggrieved party may seek to enforce his or her rights or may seek a change of custody and/or parenting time arrangements. The recourse available for parents whose rights have been violated are numerous and varied.

Generally, the relief available includes but is not limited to, issuing letters to filing motions with the Court.  There is a wide variety of motions that can be filed depending upon the unique facts and circumstances of each matter.

If the violation places the child in danger, the parties may need to seek emergent relief. If the child is not in any immediate danger, the parent should seek legal advice from a qualified family law attorney.

We hope that this information provides a general overview of enforcement of child custody and parenting time arrangements in New Jersey.  The attorneys at Rotolo, Bozanian & Yi, LLC are experts and are knowledgeable in the area of child custody law.